So...you've reached the point in your companies development that you think you need website design. If done right, a website can be the most powerful tool in your marketing arsenal. But launching a new website can be a bit daunting, especially if this is your first time. So here are "just a few" things to consider before you rush into it, and get in over your head.
Basic Preproduction* What will be the primary use for the site? (your list of needs)
* Do you need to collect payments online? (SSL or Merchant Account)
* Will there be any reason for you or your customers to have an online account? (databases?)
* Will you be updating often? (pictures, events, or news headlines)
Your "Like List"* Competitor sites (sites that offer similar services)
* Preferred color scheme (try to stay within two or three complimentary colors)
* Content to fill each page (think PowerPoint, it's a precursor to a web site)
* Preferred layout/design style (top or side navigation? flashy or business?)
* Start organizing photos that pertain to your company (beware copyright rules)
* LOGOS - the higher quality the better (vector if you can manage)
Site Map* This list should include every page you need produced (About Us, Donations, Partners, Contacts, News/Events, Etc.)
If you need more information or think you are ready...Call or email us and we'll help you take that next step.
zoinkmd.com - Your Media Solution